There are lots of fun ways for you and your family to explore the Jewish Museum London from your home. From live streamed family mornings to downloadable recipes and from arts and crafts ideas to weekly activity packs there is something for everyone.
Families Live: Museum Mornings
- Take part in our Families Live: Museum Mornings. These are live streamed every Sunday morning at 11.30am on our Museum Facebook Page. You can also catch up on any activities on either our Facebook Page or YouTube channel.
- Each of our weekly activities begins with an object from the staggering 40,000 in our collection!
- Each week there is a fun activity to do, inspired by the object. So far we’ve baked challah bread, written poems, made medals, painted flowers, turned our homes into museums, photo studios and Yiddish Theatres and so much more.
- Find out what activities are coming up on our Family Events Page.
Family Activity Pack
- Every Friday we send out our Family Activity Pack, crammed with fun activities for all the family.
- Each activity pack is on a weekly theme and together we have marked Refugee Week, Passover, Armed Forces Week, Pride, Creativity and Wellbeing Week and been inspired by words, nature, stories, time and so much more.
- Every week there are new activities. From arts and crafts ideas, activity sheets and quizzes to family friendly videos exploring our collection, there are lots of different types of new activities each week.
- Our activity pack also keeps you up to date on all upcoming family events with lots of dates for the diary.
- To receive our weekly activity pack sign up to our mailing list and tick the box ‘Families’.
February Half Term Challenge
- This February half term we are challenging you to do Arts Award Discover at Home.
- Go on a hunt for art around your home, find out about a famous Jewish artist and have a go at a fun, creative activity.
- Fill in our fun logbook which will guide you through the 4 steps to completing Arts Award Discover at Home.
- When you’ve finished you will receive a nationally recognised certificate from Arta Award.
- Explore our collection online through our online portal. With objects dating from the Middle Ages to the 21st century.
- Watch family friendly films on a range of topics from what it’s like to celebrate a Jewish Festival to what it was like to go to school at the Jews Free School a hundred years ago.
- Imagine what it would be like to stand in a Synagogue and listen to recordings of Hebrew prayers and Torah readings.
- Have a go at our downloadable activities. Make your own matzah, design your own Kiddish Cup and more.
- If you have any questions or need any help email [email protected] to reach our learning team.