Welcome to the Jewish Museum London, a museum that tells the story of the history and heritage of Jews in Britain through universal themes of migration, family, faith and culture.
We exist for all people from all backgrounds and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
The Jewish Museum London plays a vital role for the community by:
- Acting as guardians and guides to the Jewish community’s history and heritage
- Enabling the telling of diverse and inclusive stories of Jewish people through objects
- Being a place for dialogue between Jewish and Non-Jewish communities
- Being a community founded museum
We can fulfil our role by:
- Blurring the lines between the museum and the community
- Delivering immersive and innovative experiences
- Being passionate about partnerships and relationships
- Being relevant to our communities
- Using our objects in multiple ways; for research, for education, for others to interpret
- Ensuring encounters with the authentic is at our heart; authentic objects, authentic experiences, authentic people
We will focus on:
- Delivering unique benefits to our communities
- Keeping the museum agile and sustainable
- Shifting public awareness into public affection towards the museum and looking at new ways to do this
- Building trust and proving results
Our mission is to surprise, delight and engage all people, irrespective of background and faith, in the history, identity and culture of Jews in Britain. Our exhibitions, events and learning programmes encourage a sense of discovery and aim to provoke questions, challenge prejudice, and encourage understanding.
Our four permanent galleries showcase the vibrancy of Jewish life in Britain, including a recreation of London’s East End and rare items from our Designated collection of Jewish ceremonial art. Don’t miss our dynamic and varied temporary exhibitions, all included in the price of admission. You can also take part in our fun events and activities for all the family.
To contact our Learning Team, email:
To contact our Marketing Team, email:
To contact our Development Team, email:
To contact our Curatorial Team, email:
To contact our Finance Team, email:
For any other queries, email: