Volunteers are the backbone of the Jewish Museum and our committed 120-strong team helps us to run the museum; supporting school workshops, welcoming visitors to the galleries, helping us digitise our collection and so much more.
Why volunteer with the Jewish Museum London?
Our volunteering programmes are designed to inspire you and to provide a rewarding experience. Volunteers are a fundamental part of the museum team, and we work to support and enrich our volunteers throughout their time with us.
We believe that the main benefit of volunteering with us are the volunteering roles themselves! Through them you will get to learn new skills and be part of a supportive team of over a hundred volunteers.
You will also receive:
- Free role-related training workshops at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Free museum entry for yourself and a guest.
- Free entry to Volunteer Events including our Annual Volunteer Quiz Night.
- 10% discount in the shop.
- Travel expenses reimbursed up to a daily maximum of £10.
What will you be doing?
Volunteers help with many different tasks at the museum. You might like working with our visitors, explaining our exhibits, or helping run activities and events. Some examples of the volunteer roles at the Jewish Museum are:
- Admissions and Shop Till Volunteer
- Tour Support and Galleries Volunteer
- Learning Volunteer
- Research Assistant Volunteer
- Digitisation and Collections Care Volunteer