Admissions and Shop Desk Volunteers
Our Admissions and Shop Desk Volunteers provide a warm welcome to visitors to the Jewish Museum London and support ticket and shop sales.
What does this team of Volunteers do?
Our Admissions and Shop Desk volunteers do a range of tasks. These include:
- Welcoming visitors to the Museum and answering any questions
- Providing an introduction to a visit of the Jewish Museum London
- Processing ticket and shop sales on the tills
When can I volunteer?
We are looking for Admissions and Shop Desk Volunteers on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We are looking for volunteers to come in for either:
- A morning shift: 10.30am- 1.pm or
- An afternoon shift: 1pm-4pm
How will I know what to do?
We will be running volunteer training sessions to make sure each volunteer has all the knowledge and support they need to volunteer with us.
We are running two sessions. Our next volunteer training session is Wednesday 6 July 2-4.30pm In this session you will:
- Meet other volunteers and Jewish Museum London Staff Members.
- Be trained in volunteering here.
- Learn more about the Jewish Museum London and volunteering here.
If you can’t make this date let us know and we will arrange alternate training for you.
What can I expect from the Jewish Museum London as a Volunteer?
- We will provide training for every task you do.
- We will regularly review volunteer tasks and ask for your feedback to improve and evolve.
- You will have a dedicated volunteer coordinator who will be available to provide support and answer any questions.
- We really value our volunteers and to say thank you we offer perks for volunteers. This includes hosting exclusive events for our volunteers and discounts in our shop.
Is this the right Volunteer Opportunity for me?
There are many ways volunteers can support our museums and different volunteer opportunities may suit different people. We think this opportunity would suit someone who is:
- Enjoys interacting with visitors and answering their questions.
- Happy to be trained in using a till and card machine.
- Happy to find out about the items in the shop and promote these to visitors.