2 September, 2018 @ 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Celebrate the European Day of Jewish Culture with a range of storytelling and craft activities:
- Shadow Puppetry – create magical shadow puppetry, inspired by stories from PJ Libary
- Folk Tales – storyteller Grethe Jenson spins Jewish folktales using the traditional art of oral storytelling
- Make your own story cubes – get your creative juices flowing
- Create your own story – storyboarding for your own stories
- Set the Scene – craft workshop inspired by pictures from our collection. Making a diorama box to bring life to a painting!
- Magnetic Word Wall – movable words to spark the storyteller in you
As well as a packed afternoon of activities, our exhibition Astérix In Britain: The Life and Work of René Goscinny is an immersive space that includes original artworks, scripts, packed with comics to read and props to play with.
The Family Programme is made possible thanks to the generous support of Lord and Lady Levene.