18 November, 2018 @ 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm
On Sunday 18th November from 1 – 4pm the Jewish Museum welcomes all visitors for a special Free Entry Open House afternoon as part of Inter Faith Week (11 – 18 Nov) and Mitzvah Day (18 Nov).
Join us for arts and crafts activities, see and touch some real Jewish objects, participate in bread baking for charity, explore our collections and visit our latest exhibitions Remembering the Kindertransport: 80 years on and Roman Vishniac Rediscovered. On the day you can take part in:
- Making some challah bread (traditional plaited bread) for a local homeless shelter
- Making a Friendship Bracelet
- Decorating your own Tzedakah (charity) box
- Touching some real Jewish objects
- Having a go at doing some Hebrew scribing
- And more!
Professor Nathan Abrams sheds light on how Jews transformed the British entertainment industries, creating some of the most iconic characters and images of the twentieth century, including James Bond, Doctor Who, Carry On, and many others. In so doing, British Jews infused their creations with hidden Jewish themes.