11 June, 2019 @ 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Jump on board a classic Routemaster!
In this tour with architecture expert Joe Kerr, you will have the chance to see buildings designed by famous Jewish architects whose work was crucial to the rebuilding of twentieth century London, including modernist icons by Erno Goldfinger, Denys Lasdun and Berthold Lubetkin.
The bus tour begins in Angel and finishes at the Jewish Museum London in Camden Town.
The stops on the tour are:
- Spa Green Estate (Berthold Lubetkin)
- Finsbury Health Centre (Berthold Lubetkin)
- Centrepoint (Richard Seifert)
- Trellick Tower (Erno Goldfinger)
On the tour we will also be stopping at and going inside the Royal College of Physicians, a Grade I listed building designed by renowned architect Sir Denys Lasdun. Click here to find out more about this iconic building on the Royal College of Physicians website.
Both as an architectural historian and as a London bus driver, Joe Kerr has a passionate love for London in all its untamed chaos. In 1995 he curated ‘Strangely Familiar: Narratives of Architecture and the City’ (RIBA). Among his many books are the co-edited ‘London: from Punk to Blair’ (2004) and ‘Bus Fare: Collected Writings on London’s Most Loved Means of Transport’ (2018).
- This tour is accessible to customers with disabilities providing they can sit on the bus. The bus and some of the stops on the tour are not fully accessible and so this tour is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Full details of the meeting point for the bus tour will be confirmed to all participants in advance of the event date.